Here are the tools I use everyday to increase the SharePoint 2010 development productivity. I am planning to maintain this list over the time so, please bookmark it.
- List of all the Open Source Tools at the CodePlex
- A graphical user interface and script editor for Microsoft Windows PowerShell
- Power GUI allows the PowerShell script development, debugging, and automation
- SPDisposeCheck is a tool to help you to check your assemblies that use the SharePoint API so that you can build better code. It provides assistance in correctly disposing of certain SharePoint objects to help you follow published best practice. This tool may not show all memory leaks in your code. Further investigation is advised if you continue to experience issues.
- SPDisposeCheck.exe takes the path to a managed .DLL or .EXE or the path to a directory containing many managed assemblies. It will recursively search for and analyze each managed module attempting to detect coding patterns based on the MDSN article.
- ULSViewer allows users to open a ULS log file and display its contents in a user friendly format. Users can then perform advanced functions such as filtering, sorting, highlighting, loading logs, appending logs, etc in order to single out the data that is important to the user. This information can be used to diagnose problems with machines running ULS services, or to monitor machines and the events they create in realtime.
SharePoint Manager 2010
- The SharePoint Manager 2010 is a SharePoint object model explorer. It enables you to browse every site on the local farm and view every property. It also enables you to change the properties.
Visual Studio 2010 Power Tools
- The Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint Power Tools is a set of templates and extensions that provides additional functionality to SharePoint developers in Visual Studio 2010.
- Sandboxed-compatible Visual Web Part – This item template enables you to use a visual designer to create SharePoint web parts that can be deployed in a sandboxed solution for SharePoint 2010 by transforming the .ascx file into generated code for packaging in the sandbox.
- Sandboxed Compilation – This extension displays build errors when you use types or members in a SharePoint 2010 sandboxed project which are not allowed in the SharePoint sandbox environment.
- Known Limitations for the sandboxed visual web part.
- Debugging of inline ASP.NET code must be done in the generated code file rather the markup file
- Use of “<@ Assembly Src=” directive is not supported
- SharePoint web controls and some ASP.NET controls are not supported in the SharePoint sandboxed environment.
CKS Development Tools for the SharePoint 2010
- This codeplex project extends the Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint project system with advanced templates and tools.
- This release includes:
- Improved SPMetal SPI
- Improved Full Trust Proxy SPI
- New grouped content types and import function
- New site columns and import function
- New Fluent UI Visual web part SPI
- Improvements to quick deploy
- Under the cover code improvements
- Improved import content type
- Powershell added to the references tab
- With the release of Microsoft’s excellent Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint Power Tools the CKSDev team have retired the Sandboxed Visual web part item template.
- For more information on diff between CKS DEV and VS Power Tools, please read Wouter’s blog – http://blogs.code-counsel.net/Wouter/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=156
Red Gate .NET Reflector
- .NET Reflector lets you decompile third-party code and step through it using the Visual Studio debugger.
VB to C# Code Converter
- Many of us find the online code samples in VB.NET. Use this tool to convert them to C# quickly.
SharePoint CSS Builder for MOSS 2007
HTML Color Code Test Utility
Hope this will be very useful.