I am privileged to be invited as featured speaker at this year’s SharePoint Fest Chicago on Dec 8th. Slalom Consulting is once again proud to be Platinum Sponsor this year. I will be speaking on one of the most relevant and complex topics in the SharePoint world as hybrid deployments.
As organizations are maturing into their cloud investments and awe-inspiring Office 365 innovations, hybrid deployments are inevitable at times and organizations are forced to configure co-existence between SharePoint On-premises and SharePoint Online environment. Please attend SharePoint Fest and my expert level session walking through end-to-end configuration blueprint of SharePoint hybrid deployments.
OFF 204 – Anatomy of SharePoint and Office 365 Hybrid Deployment – Real-world End-to-End Configuration Blueprint
SharePoint landscape is changing and moving towards cloud architecture as Office 365. As Microsoft investing heavily in cloud & devices services, are IT or business agile enough to stay ahead of the curve to adopt future trends and keep up with the Microsoft and industry pace? Do organizations have clear guidance and technical expertise on where to invest whether SharePoint on-premises, SharePoint Online, or SharePoint hybrid?
Nik Patel, Principal Consultant and SharePoint Lead Architect from Slalom Consulting will provide real-world guidance and recommendations of what are the major factors and workloads for organizations to stay on-premises or move it to the cloud. This session will provide end to end blue print of architecting different SharePoint and identity workloads in hybrid environment focusing on practical guidance on SharePoint 2013 On-Premises, Office 365 and SharePoint Online, ADFS, Azure Active Directory, Azure Active Directory Sync, and Windows Server 2012 Web Application Proxy configuration.
This is level 300 session focused on advanced SharePoint on-premises, cloud, and hybrid concepts for IT Pros and SharePoint Architects.
Major features & concepts covered in the session would be:
- Decision tree for SharePoint Hybrid workloads – where to deploy which workload?
- Understanding pre-requisites for hybrid deployments – domain, URLs, certs etc.
- Understanding basic Office 365 tenant, Windows Azure IaaS and PaaS tenants, and SharePoint 2013 On-Premises lab architecture setup
- Understanding SSO, ADFS and DirSync (now Azure Active Directory Sync) basics
- Federate SharePoint On-Premises farm to ADFS 3.0 and overcome limitations around Search and User Profile Sync service
- Publishing On-Premises farm through Windows Server 2012 Web Application Proxy to Internet
- Federating On-Premises farm to Office 365 through ADFS 3.0
- Configuration of Office 365 Windows Azure Active Directory access in Windows Azure
- Configure Hybrid Search – Outbound Search and Inbound Search
- Configure OneDrive for Business and Sites Redirection to cloud
- And.. if time permits.. many more – Hybrid Apps, Yammer redirection etc.
Hoping to see you there!!!!!