Microsoft Office 365 is ever changing SaaS product. It’s really hard to keep it up with all the announcements and changes. This page is just for my self-awareness and happy to share with you along the way.
- Sep 2017 – Ignite 2017
- Microsoft Teams announced an intelligent communication platform. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business features will be merged by end of 2018. Microsoft Teams will be a client for chats, meetings, and calls.
- Bing for Business in private preview announced.
- Sep 2017 – External guest access introduced for the Microsoft Teams, initial release limited to AAD customers.
- May 2017 – SharePoint Virtual Summit – SharePoint Online Communication Sites announced in Preview
- March 2017 – Microsoft Teams (Chat based workplace) in GA
- May 2016 – Future of SharePoint Summit – Showcased SharePoint Framework, vNext customization option for the SharePoint Online modern sites
- May 2015 – Ignite 2015 – SharePoint 2016 announced, first ever on-premises version based on the cloud codebase.
- 2013 Q1 – Office 365 v2 with SharePoint Online 2013 started rolling out (SharePoint 2013 on-premises code merged with SharePoint Online)
- July 2012 – Just days prior to SharePoint 2013 announcements, Yammer was acquired by Microsoft
- July 2012 – SharePoint 2013 on-premises announced, with its first-ever social features integrated into SharePoint. Other major features were cross-site publishing, content-search web part, and FAST integration in SharePoint platform
- 2012 Q2 – Office 365 v1 with SharePoint Online 2010 started rolling out (SharePoint 2010 on-premises code used to design SharePoint Online)